Tuesday 20 March 2007

Tired and feeling the stress

After a 14 week training period I am now feeling tired and ache in my calfs. My long runs have hit 23 miles. Diet and alcohol are now coming up for being things to watch for as I need to keep my fuel intake as complex carbs, and lowering alcohol to a tapering amount with a three week dry period before the marathon.

To try to keep my enthusiasm up I am going to post my daily training and food/drink log:

20/03/07:

Weather
AM: Cold, windy and sleety - 3°C
PM: Bright, dry, windy - 7°C

Exercise
Bike: Morning: 15km - approx 50 minutes
Afternoon: 15km - approx 45 minutes
Run: Recovery run - 6.5 miles: 49 minutes
Swim: None

Food
Breakfast: Oats, Yoghurt
Lunch: French Baton, 3 slices diet cheese, 80g Ham
Snack: Lemon and Orange Muffin, Shortbread
Dinner:Japanese Beef Curry with Rice

Injury: Tight calf
Goals: lose 2 kg before marathon; post sub 2hrs 25 in Cranleigh 21 mile race on Sunday

No comments: